- attend and participate in weekly Wednesday lunch seminars ( BCB 298) from 12 - 1.30 PM over the entire academic year. These sessions include chalk – talk presentations by each Trainee as well as nanocourses and quantitative training sessions by program faculty.
- attend and give a research talk presentation at the annual retreat.
- attend and participate in techniques workshops.
- participate in career development luncheons during the academic year.
- participate, invite and host outside Seminar Speakers once a year as part of Joint Seminar Series in molecular biology.
- develop and follow an Individual Development Plan. Includes annual updates, and annual discussions of this plan with their Trainer/Thesis advisor and with one of the Program executive committee members.
- complete training in the responsible conduct of research.
Note that these responsibilities continue until the completion of a Trainee’s PhD.